The Rotary Club of South Bend Foundation’s Founder’s Society has been established to recognize our esteemed members’ generous contributions towards giving to our local foundation. Instituted by Past President Matt Schrock and honoring our initial 13 founding members, this campaign seeks to increase our local Rotary club’s endowment. This allows us to empower deserving scholars through the Phoenix and Vagner scholarship programs as well as funding grants to outstanding organizations in our community through our Philanthropic and President’s Awards.
Encourage members to become part of the Founder’s Society by considering planned giving or endowments to ensure the enduring impact of our club’s mission.
Increase the number of Phoenix and Vagner scholars, empowering young minds to pursue their dreams and make a positive impact on the world.
Elevate the impact of our philanthropic awards, recognizing and supporting exceptional individuals and organizations dedicated to community service.
Provide greaterflexibility in utilizing resources through the President's Annual Award, enabling us to respond to emerging community needs and opportunities.
• Cumulative or lump sum donation of $100.
• Donors will receive a special certificate commemorating their donation
• Cumulative or lump sum donation of $500.
• Donors will be presented with a Rotary royal blue jewel, symbolizing their commitment to making a difference. The jewel will be affixed to their Rotary badge.
• Cumulative or lump sum donation of $1000.
• Donors will receive a Rotary gold jewel, symbolizing their profound impact and dedication to Rotary's mission. The jewel will be affixed to their Rotary badge.
• Cumulative or lump sum donation of $10,000.
• Donors will be honored with a personalized plaque, recognizing their extraordinary contribution.
• Cumulative or lump sum donation of $100,000.
• Donors will be presented with a prestigious "pin with Jewel" award and an engraved plaque, showcasing their visionary leadership.
How is becoming a Founder’s Society member different from becoming a Paul Harris Fellow? Simply put, for Founder’s Society, think local. For Paul Harris Fellow, think global. Both campaigns have philanthropic objectives and seek to celebrate donors’ generosity, but each has its distinct focus and scope.
The Founder’s Society is specic to The South Bend Rotary Club and focuses on increasing our local club’s endowment—supporting scholarship programs, enhancing philanthropic awards, and providing Rotary International’s Paul Harris Fellow giving campaign as a globally recognized program. It honors and highlights an individuals who have made significant contributions to The Rotary International Foundation.
Due to diffculty in tracking, fines collected during regular meetings will not be credited towards a member’s contributions to the Founder’s Society.